With the opening of our latest store, we look at reasons why you might think about relocating to Exeter, Devon.
Why you should move to Exeter
The West Country has long been a destination that many people dream of moving to. Most of us have visited Devon at some stage in our life, but probably for summer holidays at one of the many beautiful beaches in the county. What about relocating there? Exeter would be the ideal city choice when considering moving to Devon as it has excellent transport links and is just a few miles from the beautiful beaches the area is famed for. Here are a few great reasons to choose Exeter for your next home…
- It’s not far from the coast and who doesn’t like the seaside? You really are spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches in Devon, with the closest to Exeter 12 miles away at Exmouth.
- Alicante to Zante: Exeter has an international airport from where you can fly to and from, over forty destinations.
- Train links to the capital: Commute via the train from Exeter St David’s station to Paddington or London Waterloo.
- It has a beautiful cathedral: Dating from 1050 it has the most extended uninterrupted vaulted ceiling in England and must be seen when visiting.
- Beer: Like a pint of real ale? There are many breweries in the Exeter area including Exe Valley, Black Tor, Powderkeg and Hanlons. Many shops in the city are also dedicated to selling various brands of real ale and beer.
- Harry Potter fan? Exeter is where Harry Potter was born while JK Rowling attended Exeter University. Apparently, she was inspired by many of the locations and made notes about Exeter that may have been used in her books. Come on, we all know that Gandy Street looks like Diagon Alley.
A slower pace of life, fresh sea air, history, culture and beer. Exeter sounds like a great city to move to. Seriously, you should move to Exeter now.
Lok'nStore is pleased to announce the opening of a purpose-built storage centre at Matford Business Park. With a vast range of storage spaces available, this store will be able to offer units for homeowners, renters and business users in the Exeter area.