COVID-19 Update: 05/01/2021
Lok’nStore remains open for use by essential services, those businesses that remain open and those individuals permitted to travel under government advice. This includes key workers, online retailers, construction and trade workers, house moves and many other potential users of self-storage. The government guidance specifically states that storage and distribution services can remain open and staff can travel to work where it is not possible to work from home.
Keeping your Lok’nStore COVID-19 safe
Thank you for working with us to stop the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our centres. Customer and team safety is a Lok’nStore priority. Please see below some of the measures we have implemented throughout our stores to keep everyone safe:
- We would ask existing customers to sign in at our loading bays. We are still here when you need us by telephone or email. Please find your store contact details here.
- All customers should wear a face covering when inside the storage centre as per the latest government guidance.
- Knock knock! For our new customers, a big welcome awaits. When you arrive, please knock on the reception door, and a member of our friendly team will come to greet you. Please use the hand sanitiser provided when entering and follow the signage and guidance from our store teams concerning social distancing. Both our store teams and customers should wear a face-covering – we can provide you with a disposable mask for free should you forget to bring one.
- We have limited the number of customers in reception areas to two adults at any one time.
- Only one customer is allowed in a lift at a time (all stores also have stairs).
In addition, we have introduced these measures to all our stores:
- We have provided PPE for store colleagues to use.
- We have reconfigured reception areas and installed transparent Perspex safety screens on reception desks.
- We have installed floor distance markers and COVID-19 signage in receptions and storage areas to help maintain social distancing.
- We have intensified our daily cleaning routines, especially around customer touchpoints such as; trolley handles, pallet truck handles, lift buttons, door handles and toilets.
- We have provided hand sanitiser and customer cleaning stations.
Lok’nStore will continue to closely monitor information from the UK Government and Public Health England. We will follow all guidelines and advice to ensure we are doing everything we can to provide a clean and safe environment for all our valued customers and team colleagues. We have conducted a risk assessment after reviewing the latest government advice to confirm that our stores remain COVID-19 compliant a copy of which can be found here.
Thank you for your understanding and patience in these exceptional times.