- How much does self storage cost?
Self-storage prices are calculated on the size of the storage unit needed. A small self-storage unit costs less than a bigger sized unit.
- How much space do I need?
Lok'nStore storage spaces/units are between 6 and 12 foot high and are available in a variety of sizes. The smallest is a locker (think under stair cupboard) and the largest is 10,000 square foot (think massive!). Generally, our centres can offer units between 25 square foot and 250 square foot.
Many of our centres can also the facility to store larger items on pallets in open storage areas - please contact these local centres for more details.
- Is there anything Lok’nStore cannot store?
You can store almost anything at Lok’nStore self storage centres as long as it’s not perishable, flammable or illegal. You cannot store:
- Any flammable items
- Perishable foods or materials
- Dangerous chemicals
- Goods of an illegal nature
- Live animals
- Why do people need self storage?
Households, businesses, entrepreneurs, collectors, new families, downsizers, jet setting world explorers all need self-storage. It would be rare that you didn't need storage at some time in your life.
From trying to free up valuable space within the home, to de-cluttering your house when preparing it for sale. We also see customers who are bridging the gap between one home and another or when moving from a large home to a smaller one. You can store your possessions if you are going abroad. It's useful for storing seasonal items such as clothes and sports equipment, or for storing bulky leisure items like skis or windsurfers, bicycles or canoes.
- What happens if I need a different size unit as time goes on?
No problem just let your friendly store team know.
One of the benefits of our flexible storage solutions means that you can increase or decrease the size of unit you occupy as your needs change, so you never need to pay for space you are not using.
- What happens if I reserve the wrong size and it's too big or too small?
You can change your unit/space at short notice, and we will help you as long as we have space. There's no charge for changing units, and you will be invoiced only for the unit you use, as you use it. Talk to the Lok'nStore staff at your centre, and they'll show you the alternatives.
- Do you have any Storage Tips?
- Please to go to our tips page.
- How long can I stay?
As long as you wish! The minimum is one week, but there is no maximum stay. The notice period is just seven days at any point while in storage.
- How much notice do I need to give before I can move my goods into storage?
You can move in straight-away, subject to availability. That could be the same day you contact us or by arrangement, at your convenience.
- How much notice do I need to give to move out?
The notice period is just seven days at any time, but you can still move your goods out during those seven days if you want to.
- Do I have to tell you how long I'm going to need storage for
No, you don't have to, but many of our centres have offers on different lengths of stay. Call your local centre today to get the right space at the best price.
- When are you open?
Lok'nStore is open seven days a week.
- Does Lok'nStore hold a key to my unit?
No, You are the only key holder.
If you want to hold a copy at the centre, the manager will secure the key for you without a charge, to be given only to you or others upon your written request.
- Can Lok'nStore provide the locks?
You can buy a padlock from Lok'nStore or you can bring your own.
- What do I need to bring to start storing?
Please bring the following:
- Two forms of ID, one should be photographic - driver's license, passport etc
- Payment (direct debit info, credit/debit card, cheque or cash)
- An alternative contact name address and phone number
- A padlock (we sell them if you forget)
- How can I pay for my storage?
We accept credit/debit card, cheques or cash. The best way is to pay by direct debit because you can fill out the form and then forget about it. If you choose direct debit, please bring with you the relevant information.
- Why do I have to sign in at reception each time?
We ask you to sign in so that the team are aware of all customers in the building at any time. We take the security of all our customers' possessions very seriously.
- When and how can I access my goods?
At any time during our opening hours.
- Do I need insurance?
Yes, you do need to have insurance for your goods while with us. You can change the value insured at any time. Should you already have a policy that covers while in storage, that's not a problem. All we ask is to see proof of that policy.
- Do Lok'nStore charge VAT?
Yes we do charge VAT, and it is included in your quote, so you won't pay a penny more than the price you see.
As of 1st October 2012, all self-storage companies have to charge VAT on self-storage.